[Dune] FieldVector problem

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Sun Apr 28 18:46:17 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 10:47:55PM +0800, Errazi BEN AHMED wrote:
> I have a problem dealing with FieldVector structure, I have just started
> programming using DUNE on Visual studio and I wanted to build the example
> shown in the grid how to do tutorial with few changes but I got an error
> saying   :\Desktop\Dune
> publications\Framework\dune-common-2.2.1\dune-common-2.2.1\dune/common/fvector.hh(20):
> fatal error C1021: invalid preprocessor command 'warning'
>
> Can anyone help me please,

The error message pretty much tells you what the problem is. Your
compiler does not support #warning.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/171435/portability-of-warning-preprocessor-directive

Currenly, we do not support Windows (and Visual Studio in particular)
http://www.dune-project.org/faq.html#ToC11
Having said that, there still might be other compilers on Windows that
work. You might want to try another
one. http://www.stroustrup.com/compilers.html

If you are interested in support for your compiler, feel free to contribute:

Include a new test for your compiler, change DUNE such that it works
with your compiler and still behaves the same for the other supported
compilers, and provide  patches.

Cheers,

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658