[Dune] Template alias with Dune::FieldVector

Martin Rückl mrueckl at physik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 8 17:51:14 CEST 2013

Hi Dune team /  Dune users,
my question might be unrelated to Dune itself, but i thought i ask here
first. In my code i use the new template
alias syntax introduces with c++11 and up to now everything worked well.
Now i stumbled above an issue with the following snipplet of code:

template<unsigned Channels>
class Foo
{
template<typename T>
using ChannelDataContainer = Dune::FieldVector<T,Channels /* +1 */>; //
if I add the plus one, everything works
}

for instantiations where Channels>1 everything works fine. however for
Channels==1 gcc 4.7.2 quits with: "internal compiler error: in
retrieve_specialization, at cp/pt.c:1014".
Obviously this is an issue with gcc failing to retrieve specialization
for FieldVector, I'm just wondering if any of you have experienced the
same problems and found a pretty work around.

Greetings,
Martin Rückl