[Dune] New SSL certificate for dune-project.org

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Aug 14 11:38:23 CEST 2013

Dear Dune users and developers,

we finally have a working SSL setup on our server (a combination of fixing the configuration and getting a
certificate signed by a well-known authority), so now you can use most of our services over HTTPS as well as
HTTP.

There is one exception: The Git repositories are only available over HTTPS for authenticated access, i.e. for
developers. We added this restriction to keep the server load down, and since there is nothing sensitive being
transferred during anonymous Git access, it seems like a good tradeoff to us.
On the other hand, if you are a developer with access rights, feel free to adjust your remote URLs to https. :-)

Finally, there is a minor snag for anyone still using SVN (are you still out there, apart from dune-web?): Subversion
has a problem traversing the signature chain of the new certificate, so you will have to manually accept the new
certificate once.

If there are any problems, please let us know.

Happy (and secure) browsing, pushing and bug-reporting,

Steffen