[Dune] 2nd DUNE User Meeting, Aachen, September 25-26, 2013

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Aug 27 10:50:00 CEST 2013

Dear DUNE users,

we have an informal agreement from Springer that they are willing to
publish a proceedings of our upcoming user meeting, as a successor to
"Advances in DUNE" which emerged from the first meeting three years ago,
http://www.springer.com/engineering/computational+intelligence+and+complexity/book/978-3-642-28588-2

It would be great if you decide to publish your DUNE-related research
with us. We can discuss more details and a schedule at the meeting.

Kind regards
Bernd

On 08/16/2013 09:03 AM, Bernd Flemisch wrote:
> Dear DUNE users,
>
> this is a gentle reminder to register for and participate in the 2nd
> DUNE User Meeting 2013 to be held in Aachen September 25-26, 2013. We
> already have close to 20 registered participants. Don't miss this
> excellent opportunity to get in touch with other users and several
> developers. And of course to present your DUNE-related work and to
> discuss it with a knowledgable and technically adept audience.
>
> You can register at the Wiki
> http://users.dune-project.org/projects/user-meeting-2013/wiki/Dune_User_Meeting_2013
>
> or send an email to duneuser13 at dr-blatt.de and indicate whether you
> want to give a presentation. The Wiki contains more information like a
> tentative schedule and pointers to accomodation options.
>
> If you already registered, please don't forget to add a (tentative)
> title for your presentation.
>
> It will be great to see you all in Aachen!
>
> Kind regards
> Christoph, Markus, Oliver and Bernd
>
> On 04/22/2013 03:27 PM, Markus Blatt wrote:
>> Dear DUNE users,
>>
>> I apologize if you already received this invitation  via the
>> dune-announce list.
>>
>> We cordially invite all DUNE users to participate in the "2nd DUNE
>> User Meeting 2013" to be held in Aachen September 25-26, 2013. This is
>> a meeting for our users to showcase how they are using DUNE, foster
>> future collaborations, and present their needs to the DUNE community.
>>
>> The format of the meeting will be rather informal and similar to
>> the "Finite Element Fair". This means that every participant will be
>> able to give a presentation. Presentations should e prepared such that
>> the time needed for presenting is held flexible, i.e. ranging from a
>> few minutes of presentation time to about half an hour. At the start
>> of the meeting we will divide the available presentation time between
>> the speakers and choose the order of the speakers randomly.
>>
>> Please indicate your interest and whether you would like to give a
>> presentation in the wiki [1]. Although there is no fixed deadline, we
>> would appreciate registering as soon as possible.
>>
>> The initiators of this meeting are (in alphabetical order) Bernd
>> Flemisch, Christoph Grüninger, Oliver Sander, and myself.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Markus
>>
>> [1]
>> http://users.dune-project.org/projects/user-meeting-2013/wiki/Dune_User_Meeting_2013

     !!!! CMWR 2014: 10th - 13th June 2014 in Stuttgart !!!!
                   Please visit www.cmwr14.de

Bernd Flemisch                         phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart             fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61            email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart            url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de