[Dune] geometry grid and host entity

Christoph_Gersbacher gersbach at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Dec 20 11:22:09 CET 2013

Hi Marco,

to access the underlying host grid entity use the HostGridAccess structure:

    #include <dune/grid/utility/hostgridaccess.hh>

    template<class HostGrid, int codim>
    void illustrate(const GeometryGrid<HostGrid>::Codim<codim>::Entity
    &entity)
    {
         typedef GeometryGrid<HostGrid> Grid;
         typedef HostGridAccess<Grid>::Codim<codim>::HostEntity HostEntity;
         const HostEntity &hostEntity =
    HostGridAccess<Grid>::hostEntity(entity);
    }

If you have configured your DUNE installation with the

    --enable-experimental-grid-extensions

option, you can also write:

    entity.impl().hostEntity();

(In experimental mode, the impl()-method is present on all DUNE
interface facade classes, see e. g. <dune/grid/common/entity.hh>; the
method will give you access to the implementation object wrapped inside
a facade class)

Cheers,
Christoph

On 12/20/2013 10:14 AM, Marco Cisternino wrote:
> I wonder if I can ask a geometry grid entity for its relative entity on the host grid. If yes, how?
> Thanks.
> Marco
>
> --
> Marco Cisternino, PhD