[Dune] restarting parallel code

Dedner, Andreas A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 18:02:52 CET 2013

The backup/restore method in in the dune alugrid bindings and the method simple take
an iostream (dune/grid/alugrid/3d/grid.hh).
The way to move to a higher number of processores (at least using alu) is to backup your
grid and data on n processors (files grid_1,grid_2,...grid_n and data_0,data_1,...data_n)
Restart your program with m>n processors. Proc 1 through n restore the grid from the data files,
Proc n+1,..,m setup an empty grid. When you call your loadBalance method, everything should
work.
Andreas