[Dune] DUNE for DDM

Dawid Midura dm35 at njit.edu
Mon Mar 11 16:47:49 CET 2013

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a domain decomposition scheme for a direct
scattering problem and I'm very interested if DUNE's grid module
especially, would aid me in my work. I'm aware of the multigrid module,
however I wasn't able to find documentation for it thus I'm not sure what
capabilities it possesses and before I look into the code I wanted to make
sure that what I need can be achieved with DUNE with relative ease. My
meshes are conformal, triangular or tetrahedral if in 3D. I'm not
particularly interested in adaptive refinement capability though it is very
nice. I need to be able to traverse all partitions, their triangles and
their vertices. I need to be able to establish a local node IDs [0, 1, ...,
N] and by local I mean with respect to the partition the node is in. I also
need to be able to check whether a node is interior (belongs to a single
parition), interface (belongs to two or more partitions) or a boundary, in
which case I also need to know which boundary it is on. I'm aware that DUNE
provides a sparse matrix/vector library with few iterative solvers. Does it
provide some form of sparse LU factorization such as SuperLU or UMFPACK?

Thanks in advance,
Dawid M.