[Dune] Problem with GmshReader

Mladen Jurak jurak at math.hr
Fri Nov 8 10:37:12 CET 2013

Dear Dune,

I found a strange problem with GmshReader<>::read() function.
Sample code that I send you constructs well a UGGrid grid from
"simple.msh" file.
But, if I uncomment the code that iterates over all vertices the
GmshReader<>::read() functions finishes with a segmentation fault.
In the other hand, iteration over elements does not affect the mesh
reading.
Can you reproduce this error?

Best regards,
Mladen

#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
# include "config.h"
#endif
#include <iostream>
#include <vector>

#include <dune/common/mpihelper.hh>
#include <dune/grid/uggrid.hh>
#include <dune/grid/io/file/gmshreader.hh>

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
     Dune::MPIHelper& helper = Dune::MPIHelper::instance(argc, argv);
     // read grid
     const int dim =2;
     typedef Dune::UGGrid<dim> GridType;
     GridType * p_grid = Dune::GmshReader<GridType>::read("simple.msh");

     // iterate over all vertices
//    typedef typename GridType::LeafGridView LeafGridView;
//    LeafGridView leafView = p_grid->leafView();
//
//    typedef typename LeafGridView::template Codim<dim>::Iterator
VertexLeafIterator;
//    for (VertexLeafIterator it  = leafView.template begin<dim>();
//                            it != leafView.template end<dim>(); ++it) {
//      //
//
//    }
     return 0;