[Dune] problem with subsampling

Arya Fallahi arya.fallahi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 19:13:14 CET 2013

Dear Duners,

I sent an email 4 days ago but received no reply concernign my problem. I
will be very thankful if someone can guide me on how to use subsampling in
vtk writers.

I got to have problems with subsampling version of vtk writer in dune since
one week, I searched a lot in the website and tutorials but I could not
solve it on my own. I will be more than thankful if someone shares with me
a code that works with subsampling.

The problem is that although I increase the subsampling level the returned
vtk files are all the same. I am using tetrahedral meshes with high order
expansions, that's why I definitely need the subsampling functions.

The code very briefly is as follows:

std::string vtkreturnstring("");
Dune::SubsamplingVTKWriter<GridView>
vtkWriterSubsampling(grid_.leafView(),subsamplinglevel,true);
vtkWriterSubsampling.addCellData(new VTKFunctionDGTD<Grid>  (grid_, en_,
"electric-field") );
vtkreturnstring = vtkWriterSubsampling.pwrite(filename.c_str(),
path.c_str(), "", Dune::VTK::appendedraw);

Do you think there is anything stupid I am doing here. I will really
appreciate if someone shares with me a sample code that works with
subsampling.

Best regards,
Arya