[Dune] DUNE on Windows

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Oct 23 15:50:01 CEST 2013

Hi Jonathan,

I can share my experience which does not have too much wisdom in it:
CMake for Windows has a generator for Visual Studio project files. For
dune-common, it seems to set up these files correctly. I have not tried
with a second module to see whether one can get the dependencies right,
but I think that should not be too hard.

Compiling the tests gives quite some errors. Nevertheless, there are
tests which compile, so this is promising. I did not have a closer look
at the errors yet.

I also thought about using a different compiler with Visual Studio than
the default VC one. There is not too much to be found on this issue,
apart from some discouraging opinions. Clearly, it would be desirable to
get it to run with the VC compiler. I guess that this will take quite
some work.

Using MinGW or Cygwin and Code::Blocks on top of that would be a quicker
alternative.

Kind regards
Bernd

On 10/23/2013 03:34 PM, Jonathan Youett wrote:
> Dear DUNE users,
>
> a colleague of mine is interested in using DUNE on a Windows machine
> within Visual Studio. Are there any people out there who have experience
> in doing so and who are willing to share their wisdom?
>
> Best
> Jonathan

     !!!! CMWR 2014: 10th - 13th June 2014 in Stuttgart !!!!
                   Please visit www.cmwr14.de

Bernd Flemisch                         phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart             fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61            email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart            url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de