[Dune] DUNE on Windows

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Thu Oct 24 10:49:32 CEST 2013

Hi Bernd, hi Jonathan,

actually for me this is one of the main arguments for cmake.

> I can share my experience which does not have too much wisdom in it:
> CMake for Windows has a generator for Visual Studio project files.
> For dune-common, it seems to set up these files correctly. I have
> not tried with a second module to see whether one can get the
> dependencies right, but I think that should not be too hard.

I'm afraid, there is still a little bit to do, until you can compiler
the whole dune using Visual Studio, as you can only create Project
files for an individual dune module. This means presumably the Windows
user has to provide paths etc for the different dune modules.

But we are all curious how it works out ;-)

> Compiling the tests gives quite some errors. Nevertheless, there are
> tests which compile, so this is promising. I did not have a closer
> look at the errors yet.

for Visual Studio, you can also exchange the compiler. At support icc,
which should work with dune and I think you also use clang.

Ciao