[Dune] Clang++ for Blue Gene/P and Blue Gene/Q.

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Oct 30 15:28:12 CET 2013

Hi Dune users on super computers,
recently I talked to LLVM developer Hal Finkel. He told me about his
Clang port to Blue Gene/P and Blue Gene/Q. He claims to be usually two
to three times faster compared to IBM's gcc port and be as fast as XLC.
As XLC does afaik not compile Dune this might be handy. There are RPMs
for the download but I did not test them myself.

More informations:
https://wiki.alcf.anl.gov/parts/index.php/LLVM
https://trac.alcf.anl.gov/projects/llvm-bgq/

Dreaming about factor 3,
Christoph

--
Une science n'était vraiment développée que quand elle
pouvait utiliser les mathématiques.    (Paul Lafargue)