[Dune] communication problem in ALUGrid

Arya Fallahi arya.fallahi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 18:16:07 CEST 2014

Dear Dune,

I have since a couple of days a serious problem with communication in
ALUGrid and I could not still solve it. I thought probably this email list
can be as always helpful for my problem. The problem seems to be easy but I
could not figure out how to solve it. It is described as follows:

Suppose an element P is a ghost element in processor I and an
InteriorBorder element in processor J. In each processor there is a
variable K corresponding to the element. The value of of K in processor I
needs to be sent to processor J, added to K in processor J and saved there.
This is what I need to do and I could not.

What I thought maybe correct to do is using the following parameters for
communication function:

grid_.communicate(dataHandle,InteriorBorder_All_Interface,BackwardCommunication);

This configuration should send values from all entities to buffer and then
write to InteriorBorder elements. Is it correct?

I think if all entities send the values to buffer then processors I and J
both send their K values to the buffer. Which one then is written?

I may have done a stupid mistake because I do not have a complete picture
of these interfaces and directions. It will be very helpful if someone
describes it for me.

Thank you very much for your help,
Best regards,
Arya Fallahi