[Dune] AluGrid3d updateFaceInfo problem

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at optimad.it
Mon Apr 14 15:59:45 CEST 2014

Hi duners,
I'm trying to read a grid from input using my reader of StarCD grid files.
I have a weird error. I have no periodic boundary, but the code enters ( in file faceutility_imp.cc)

if(periodicBnd){...} (1)

And that is because of the result of

const BNDFaceType * bnd = dynamic_cast<const BNDFaceType *>( outerElement_ ) ; (2)

is NULL and then periodicBnd = (bnd==0) is true.
I have to figured out which error can be in the input files. Could anyone explain me what (2) is intended for, please?
And when does a correct grid enter (1) ?

Thanks,

Marco

Marco Cisternino, PhD
OPTIMAD Engineering s.r.l.