[Dune] istl with scotch-parmetis

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Tue Apr 29 11:37:53 CEST 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 05:34:17PM +0200, Markus Blatt wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 05:27:52PM +0100, Christian Engwer wrote:
> Thanks for this hint. Actually it tests for the lowercase name
> (parmetis_v3_partkway). If I use that one in repartition.hh, then it
> works. The reason why this worked with METIS/ParMETIS is that they
> detect C++ and use extern "C" in the header, while scotch does not do
> that. I will fix it.

Works now on my system with libscotchmetis and libscotchparmetis
installed.

I have a question about one of your patches, namely
2b1abd0f432c433f840174afd7e1e70209d16848:

Are you sure that this (including and requiring) is really needed? The
metis functions used are defined as extern "C" in the header. If
recall it correctly this used to work on a system with just the
original parmetis installed (Cannot check as I do not have a
licence). For scotch you need both libscotchparmetis-dev and
libscotchmetis-dev, because you must have libmetis available to make
it work. I took the liberty to revert that patch and change the build
systems such that compilation just with our parmetis flags is possible
again. Tested to work with scotch.

Cheers,

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858