[Dune] postdoc position on computational physics

Arya Fallahi arya.fallahi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 14:54:31 CEST 2014

Dear Dune users,

I would like to use this message portal to inform you about a new postdoc
position we have in our group. I will be more than thankful if you send the
announcement to the gradute students who may be interested in the position.

The job description is as follows:

Within the Center for Free Electron Laser science (CFEL) located at the
campus of Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY) in Hamburg, the following
research assistant/Postdoc position is open in the group of Ultrafast
optics and X-ray sources:

Duration: Full position at Postdoc level with no official limitation.

Payment: According to E13 TV-L FU.

Project: Fast solvers for simulation of Free Electron Lasers supervised by
Dr. Arya Fallahi and Prof. Dr. Franz X. Kärtner

Job description: Development of efficient 1D and 3D solvers for radiation
problems encountered in Free Electron Lasers

Required qualification: PhD in physics or electrical engineering with a
focus on computational simulation of electromagnetic problems.

Desired expertise:

1) Basic knowledge in numerical methods for partial differential equations,

2) Programming skills, preferably in C++

3) Basic knowledge of Free Electron Lasers is preferred.

Detailed information: Contact with Dr. Arya Fallahi under
arya.fallahi at cfel.de

Sincerely yours,

Arya Fallahi