[Dune] CurvilinearGridAPI: Implementation of EntityTags and BoundaryIterators

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Thu Dec 18 21:31:29 CET 2014

Am 18. Dezember 2014 16:04:50 MEZ, schrieb Aleksejs Fomins <aleksejs.fomins at lspr.ch>:
>Dear Oliver,
>
>Yes, in principle it would be nicer to associate a vector of tags with
>an element, as it is done in DGF.
>
>But my argument is a little different. I can store another file for my
>derived code which associates 1 integer tag for every element with a
>hundred and one physical property, as many as I want. Then I would be
>able to recover these properties in the derived code.

You can do exactly the same already. You have an indexset and store your Id in a vector in user code. The memory overhead is exactly the same, but it's only required, if you need the Id. And you don't blow up the interface and the entities.

>At the moment I do not see a nice way for me to input an element into
>the grid, and then find which element that is after the grid is
>assembled. An integer tag would fill this hole

Have a look at the gmsh reader. You can pass a vector to the reader to store the Id from the file for each coarse grid entity.

Christian