[Dune] Iteration over parallel grid

Martin Rückl mrueckl at physik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 5 11:46:03 CET 2014

Hi "Duners",
I want to iterate over all vertices (or elements) of a parallel grid in
the following way:
Each vertex should be accessed only once, not only for each rank, but
for the whole set of parallel processes.
In other words, suppose there is a (boundary/overlap) vertex shared by
the two ranks r0 and r1, then only r0 OR r1 should iterate over it.

Is this possible for vertices with the GridView iterators selecting a
certain partition_iterator type? YES/NO ?

I think for elements it should be possible, if the grid does not use
overlap. Correct/Wrong?

Thanks,
Martin