[Dune] Usage of insertBoundary to set ID boundaries

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Feb 10 13:11:03 CET 2014

Hi DUNErs,

I would like to ask you a quick question about the method insertBoundary of Alberta factory grid.
I need to set the boundary conditions, i.e. I would like to assign a specific ID to each segment on the grid. The grid has been generated from an external mesh generator, which stores boundary info in a different way.

Is it possible to insert the boundary before calling "createGrid"? Because the signature of the function requires the number of the element to which the boundary belongs, and I am not sure if I can pass the progressive index I used in the insertion of the elements.
Otherwise how would you impose the boundary IDs on a mesh obtained from an external generator?

Cheers,
Andrea

Andrea Sacconi
PhD student, Applied Mathematics
AMMP Section, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London,
London SW7 2AZ, UK
a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk