[Dune] how to integrate curvilinear tetrahedral elements into DUNE/Alugrid ?

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Jan 23 19:57:12 CET 2014

Sorry for the empty post, my mail client is confused…

If the idea is to create an integrated solution, I think the idea Markus
brought up is probably the easiest solution: Just fork dune-{geometry,grid}
on GitHub and use those as a publicly visible repositories. Then you can
periodically merge in the upstream changes from our repositories and once
the new implementation works, we can just merge it back like any feature
branch. That way, if you are stuck and need help by a developer, we can just
check out those repositories and take a look (or simply browse them on the
GitHub site). That’s much easier than keeping the stuff on your local machines
and then having to send patches and stuff….

Pulling in the upstream changes is almost no work, I do it regularly for the
EXADUNE repositories. Last time Git forced me to resolve conflicts in less than
ten files for all core modules + PDELab, and the changes in those repositories
are much more intrusive than extending GeometryGrid and adding a new
Geometry implementation.

Just my 2c

Steffen