[Dune] local vertex indices

Lars Lubkoll lubkoll at zib.de
Mon Jan 27 18:35:01 CET 2014

Dear developers of DUNE,

I am using Dune 2.2.1 with UGGrid and have a question regarding the
connection between local vertex indices of an intersection and one of
its neighbouring tetrahedra.
Is there a way to get the vertex indices wrt. the tetrahedron from
indices wrt. the intersection?
For me the problem seems to be how to get a codim<1>-entity of a cell.
Then I would use the subEntity-method of GenericReferenceElement to map
the indices. But it seems as if codim<1>-entities do not exist.

I attached a small example in case it is needed for clarity. This
example obviously does not work as desired due to the differences
between intersections and codim-1-entities.

Kind regards

Lars Lubkoll