[Dune] Grid compile error

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Tue Jan 28 20:26:20 CET 2014

Dear Marco,

"Agnese, Marco" <m.agnese13 at imperial.ac.uk> schrieb:
>Hello DUNEers,
>I am getting mad trying to understand this problem.
>
>If I try to compile this test code
>
>#define GRIDDIM 2
>#define WORLDDIM 2
>
>#include <config.h>
>#include <dune/grid/albertagrid.hh>
>
>int main(int argc,char **argv){
>
>   #if defined HAVE_ALBERTA

You are getting for a defined variable. The convention is that Alberta is not available if HAVE_ALBERTA evaluates to false. This is the case if it is defined to 0, undefined or defined to something which is not an integer. This means you have to change test to

#if HAVE_ALBERTA

This will then (presumably) evaluate to false, because ( I guess) you didn't add the Alberta flags in your Makefile.am

Ciao Christian