[Dune] Gaussian Quadrature order 22 and higher

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jul 30 10:28:00 CEST 2014

Hi Aleksijs,

well, there is no problem in generating a quadrature for order 22 or higher.
Just the requirement of a Gaussian one is a tough nut.

If you just want a Quadrature, you can use the TensorProductQuadrature, which
will in theory work for any geometry type and any order. However, I don't know
about round-off errors with such high orders.

Alternatively, you can construct a Lagrange basis of order 22 and the
corresponding interpolation. Then, evaluate the exact integral of the basis
functions and you have a quadrature (with 0.5*23*22 quadrature points, of course).

Best,

Martin