[Dune] no dunecontrol under usr/local/lib/

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Tue Jun 24 06:33:30 CEST 2014

Hi  吴昊,

thanks for the nice report with the debugging output. We are sorry
that you experience problems.

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 08:38:50PM +0200, 吴昊 wrote:
> Dear developer,
> after I decompress all the dune tarbal, I don't get
> usr/local/lib/dunecontrol, such that I can't make models, please give me
> some help, I paste the  output from
>
> ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol --debug autogen : configure
>
> [...]
>
> + setup_control_path
> + test -z ''
> + DUNE_CONTROL_PATH=.
> + pkg-config dune-common
> pkg-config dune-common --variable=prefix)/lib/dunecontrol
> pkg-config dune-common --variable=prefix
> ++ pkg-config dune-common --variable=prefix
> + DUNE_CONTROL_PATH=.:/usr/local/lib/dunecontrol
> + test -n ''
> + local TMP=
> echo $DUNE_CONTROL_PATH | sed -e 's/:\+/:/g' | tr ':' '\n')
> echo $DUNE_CONTROL_PATH | sed -e 's/:\+/:/g' | tr ':' '\n'
> ++ echo .:/usr/local/lib/dunecontrol
> ++ sed -e 's/:\+/:/g'
> ++ tr : '\n'

Here dunecontrol detected an old installed version of
dune. Apparently, that one did not have the lib/dunecontrol
subdirectory and we forgot to check that. This triggers the error
that comes afterwards and break the build.

The good new is that you can circumvent this situation by setting
DUNE_CONTROL_PATH before running duneconztrol, e.g with

export DUNE_CONTROL=.
./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol autogen : configure

I hope that this solves your problem.

Cheers,

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858