[Dune] Installation / MPI versus SGI MPT

Florian Vogelbacher vofloria at ethz.ch
Sun Mar 9 11:41:59 CET 2014

Dear Dune,

After helping me to get dune run on my Debian (many thanks!), I started
the installation on the main target, an SGI UV 1000. It is using a
vendor implementation of MPI, the SGI Message Passing Toolkit (MPT).

Therefore it was not a surprise that dune could not find the usual MPI
implementations:

checking for mpicc... mpicc
checking for MPI_Init... yes
checking for mpi.h... yes
configure: Trying to identify the version of MPI compiler mpicc
checking for lam... no
checking for mpich... no
checking for OpenMPI... no
checking for MVAPICH... no
checking for MVAPICH2... no
checking for mpich2... no
checking for mpich 3.x... no
checking for IBM MPI... no
checking for Intel MPI... no
configure: error: Could not identify MPI-package! Please send a
bugreport and tell us what MPI-package you're using.

Is there a way to include the SGI MPT to the dune configuration, and if
so, what kind of information can I provide.

So many thanks,
Florian