[Dune] PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Carsten Gräser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 19 12:34:19 CET 2014

Hi Marco,

Am 19.03.2014 12:21, schrieb Agnese, Marco:
> Hello DUNErs,
> I am trying to compile a module in a folder different from the one
> where I have installed the DUNE core modules.  I have set
> DUNE_CONTROL_PATH equal to the path of the core modules; duneproject
> works fine but when I run dunecontrol I have the following error
> message:
>
> --- going to build dune-test  ---
> --- calling all for dune-test ---
> ERROR: could not find /dune.module
> --- Failed to build dune-test ---
> Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!
>
> Is it related to the fact that I haven't set  PKG_CONFIG_PATH? I do
> not know how to set up this variable.
excerpt from 'dune-control --help'

  [...]
  Execute COMMANDS for all Dune modules found. All entries in the
  DUNE_CONTROL_PATH variable are scanned recursively for Dune modules.
  If DUNE_CONTROL_PATH is empty, the current directory is scanned.
  Dependencies are controlled by the dune.module files.
  [...]

So if you have set DUNE_CONTROL_PATH to the path of the core modules
you must also add your modules path to it (mind the 3rd sentence).
I hope this solves your problem.

Best,
Carsten