[Dune] Error building module

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at optimad.it
Mon Mar 24 18:45:53 CET 2014

Hi duners,
I downloaded the new release of dune 2.3.0.
I built dune-common dune-geometry and dune-grid using dunecontrol without any problem.
Then I made a new empty project using duneproject (it depends on common geometry and grid) and I tried to build it using dunecontrol without success.
Dunecontrol crashes trying to find libdunegrid.la, saying:

checking for libdunegrid... no
configure: WARNING: /home/marco/workspace/lib/dune/2.3_new_subgrid/dune-grid-2.3.0 does not seem to contain a valid dune-grid (failed to link with libdunegrid.la)
configure: error: could not find required module dune-grid
--- Failed to build test ---
Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!

As you can see it finds libdunegrid.la in the right place, but it says it's not able to link it.
I can't understand why I did it so many times with previous version....
I hope anyone can help me, because I'm stuck with this.
Thanks a lot.

Marco

Marco Cisternino, PhD
OPTIMAD Engineering s.r.l.