[Dune] istl with scotch-parmetis

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Fri Mar 28 17:27:52 CET 2014

Dear all,

I tried to use the parmetis compatibility library of scotch and
failed. I had to fix some smaller issues with the redistribution.hh,
which are pushed, now everything compiles, but I get a linker error
when trying compile matrixredisttest:

matrixredisttest-matrixredisttest.o: In function `bool Dune::graphRepartition<Dune::Amg::MatrixGraph<Dune::BCRSMatrix<Dune::FieldMatrix<double, 1, 1>, std::allocator<Dune::FieldMatrix<double, 1, 1> > > >, Dune::bigunsignedint<56>, int>(Dune::Amg::MatrixGraph<Dune::BCRSMatrix<Dune::FieldMatrix<double, 1, 1>, std::allocator<Dune::FieldMatrix<double, 1, 1> > > > const&, Dune::OwnerOverlapCopyCommunication<Dune::bigunsignedint<56>, int>&, int, Dune::OwnerOverlapCopyCommunication<Dune::bigunsignedint<56>, int>*&, Dune::RedistributeInterface&, bool)':
/home/christi/Uni/Dune/istl/dune/istl/repartition.hh:1348: undefined reference to `ParMETIS_V3_PartKway(int const*, int*, int*, int*, int*, int const*, int const*, int const*, int const*, float const*, float const*, int const*, int*, int*, ompi_communicator_t**)'

Does anybody have a clue? I tried the usual tricks with lib order etc,
but without success. Does anybody successfully use scotch-parmetis?

The strange thing is that the configure check tests for exactly the
same symbol and doesn't fail...

Ciao