[Dune] problems running PDE-lab

Arturo Ortiz Tapia aortiztapia2013 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 18:10:21 CEST 2014

We have tried to follow the instructions to install the core modules of
DUNE, plus all what is mentioned that is needed to run PDE lab, including,
of course, the GNU Auto Tools, like auto make, auto conf, auto header and
aclocal.

However, so far we have not been able to run the simplest program that is
suggested in PDElab.  The system ask us, "did you forget to run autoconf?"
we run autoconf, and still nothing.

We are not sure if the version of PDElab must match the version of DUNE
core modules, and if it does, what happens when we have downloaded a more
recent version? does it gets in conflict with the version that we believe
is closer chronologically with that of PDElab?

In spite of the fact of trying to follow the (dispersed) instructions to
run PDElab, we feel we lack knowledge to actually make it work at least to
an elementary level, just the examples of PDElab.

We are aware that many answers can come in the documentation of the
autotools, but even through reading, there doesn't seem to us that there is
anything remotely related to the simplest of runnings of DUNE, namely, the
aforementioned examples described in PDElab.

Since we do not believe to be the first struggling with the compilation and
running of DUNE, perhaps someone would be so kind in pointing us to the
proper archive of DUNE, where we can follow straighforward sequence of
steps.

Thank you