[Dune] Fail to build dune-geometry (or dune-common?)

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Nov 11 13:55:28 CET 2014

Am Mon, 10. Nov 2014, 20:14:32 +0100 schrieb Uli Sack:
> Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 20:14:32 +0100
> From: Uli Sack <usack at math.fu-berlin.de>
> To: dune at dune-project.org
> Subject: Re: [Dune] Fail to build dune-geometry (or dune-common?)
>
> Hi Jö,
> thanks for your answer!
>
> On 10.11.2014 14:45, Jö Fahlke wrote:
> > For some reason there are no include paths (-I...) given on the
> > compilation command line, but a conspicuous space instead.  On the
> > top of that config.log should be the exact options configure was
> > invoked with.  For me that includes
> > --with-dune-common=/SOME/PATH/dune-common/.  Can you check that
> > this is the case for you too?
>
> This seems not to be the case:
>
> [...]It was created by dune-geometry configure 2.4-git, which was
> generated by GNU Autoconf 2.68.  Invocation command line was
>
>   $ /home/usack/refactor/dune-geometry/configure CXX=g++ CXXFLAGS=-g
> --with-gmp=/usr/local

Hmm, so this seems to be dunecontrol related.  It might still be due to the
error in dune-common though, so lets try to solve that one first.

> >> dune-common/config.log also reports an error which I cannot
> >> interpret well. Maybe that is the culprit?:
> >>
> >> configure:27643: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5 conftest.c: In
> >> function 'main': conftest.c:101:21: error: expected expression
> >> before ')' token if (sizeof ((size_t))) ^
> >
> > That expression looks wrong to me (if the argument of the operator
> > sizeof is a type, there should be exactly one level of parentheses
> > around it).  But I have trouble identifying what configure was
> > trying to test for here.  Can you give a bit more context from
> > config.log here, i.e. there should be lines similar to
> >
> > configure:25160: checking for sgemm_ in -lcxml
> >
> > and
> >
> > configure:25257: result: no
>
> configure:23522: checking for sgemm_

Actually, sgemm_ was just meant as an example so you know what begin and end
lines to look for.  But what I want to see is the portion delimited by those
kinds of lines around the error.  In particular I am interested in what
configure is checking for there.  Or did I get this wrong and the error is
really in the check for sgemm_?

> conftest.c: In function 'main':
> conftest.c:101:21: error: expected expression before ')' token
>  if (sizeof ((size_t)))
>                      ^
> configure:27643: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
> | /* confdefs.h */
[...]
> | int
> | main ()
> | {
> | if (sizeof ((size_t)))
> | 	    return 0;
> |   ;
> |   return 0;
> | }

I had hoped that I cound identify the test from the test program, but I can't
find anything like that in dune-common/m4, so we have to do that another way.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

Interpunktion, Orthographie und Grammatik der Email ist frei erfunden.
Eine Übereinstimmung mit aktuellen oder ehemaligen Regeln wäre rein
zufällig und ist nicht beabsichtigt.