[Dune] CMake is default build system

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Nov 23 19:50:49 CET 2014

Dear Dune users,
I am happy to announce that we switched our default build
system today.
Instead of autotool, CMake is now the default.

* Pass --no-cmake to dunecontrol to force the use of
autotools.
* If no build directory is given make files, libraries and
executables
   are in <module-dir>/build-cmake/ .
* Our CMake-related documentation can be found in the Dune
user wiki:
   http://users.dune-project.org/projects/main-wiki/wiki/Using_cmake_to_build_your_DUNE_project
* A quick guide for the switch:
   http://users.dune-project.org/projects/main-wiki/wiki/Switching_to_CMake

Please help improving Dune by testing the new build system.
Report bugs,
report success stories, and improve the documentation in the
wiki!

Our plan is to keep autotools for the Dune 2.4 release and
drop it for
Dune 3.0. Once we dropped autotools support, we are able to
make major
changes as we don't have to consider autotools compatibility
anymore.

I wish happy and colorful outputs,
Christoph

--
Je n'ai rien contre les étrangers, quelques uns de mes
meilleurs amis