[Dune] an installation problem

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Thu Oct 9 22:45:06 CEST 2014

Am Thu,  9. Oct 2014, 19:17:39 +0200 schrieb Arya Fallahi:
> configure.ac:12: warning: PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG is m4_require'd but not
> m4_defun'd

Pkgconfig may be affected too, but usually building runs just fine if
pkg-config is missing, except for the warnings and the fact that configure may
not find some libraries it may find otherwise.  To make this warning go away,
pkg.m4 needs to be correctly installed on your system in a location where
aclocal will find it.  For me, it is in debian package pkg-config in the path
/usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4.  If it is in the same location on your computer and
accessible, then there is a strange difference in the behaviour of aclocal.

> configure:34476: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure:34482: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_RESULT
> configure:34484: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_WARN

Now this is the really strange and interesting part.  What does the generated
configure script contain around the lines 34476-34484?  It looks to me like
something is overquoted there.

As an alternative it may be a good idea to try the cmake buildsystem (see
dunecontrol --help), since the autotools buildsystem is going to be deprecated
in the next release.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

If you receive something that says "Send this to everyone you know,"
pretend you don't know me.