[Dune] How to implement point to point communication

Andreas Dedner a.s.dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Oct 15 20:14:53 CEST 2014

>> I assume that this algorithm is already present somewhere, for example
>> in ALUGrid load balancing. I would like to reuse it for my Metagrid
> I'm still a bit puzzled why you write a new meta grid? Most of your
> features are already present in geometrygrid. I suggest to extend
> geometrygrid to support different geometry implementations.

I agree with Christian. I am unsure why your metagrid would do any
partitioning - isn't that the
job of the underlying host grid? Changing the geometry does not change
anything in the load balancing and
seems no reason why a GeometryGrid type omplementation need to implement
anything in a grid
distribution....
Andreas