[Dune] New project compilation bug

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Wed Sep 24 11:58:52 CEST 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:44:37AM +0200, Aleksejs Fomins wrote:
> I have created a new project dune-curvilineargrid using duneproject, and
> now have a problem connecting it to the rest of dune

Did it work directly after creating the project? Are you sure, your
dependencies listed in dune.module are correct?

> Then I copied the grid/io/file folder in there, because I will need to
> adapt it for curvilinear case

I am shivering. One should never do that. It is bound to bring
trouble. Please rethink what you want to achieve.

If you really (really really really) need to make adaptions to the
existing classes the you should create a branch in dune-grid and make
the adjustemts there.

> I tried compiling the project, and I get an error
>
> ../../../../../dune/curvilineargrid/io/file/vtk/vtkwriter.hh:23:42:
> fatal error: dune/grid/common/mcmgmapper.hh: No such file or directory
>  #include <dune/grid/common/mcmgmapper.hh>
>
> What could be the problem?

Copying stuff? No dependency on dune-grid?

You do know our buildsystem howto by heart, do you?

I can only second Andreas here. Please read
http://users.dune-project.org/projects/main-wiki/wiki/Guides_bug_reporting
BTW: Currently you are on the road to receiving less and less help on
this list as people might be short on time due to day jobs. Please
help them to help you by:

- First investigating problems rigorously by yourself. Including
  rereading the available documentation
- Providing enough information about the problem. At best inluding a
  test case.

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858