[Dune] error: ‘GridFactory’ in namespace ‘Dune::Dune’ does not name a template type

Aleksejs Fomins aleksejs.fomins at lspr.ch
Fri Sep 26 10:42:57 CEST 2014

Dear Dune,

I have a problem with compiling my new curvilinear reader. In short, it
throws an error

error: ‘GridFactory’ in namespace ‘Dune::Dune’ does not name a template type
     Dune::GridFactory<GridType>& factory;

in the code that has previously been working. If the prefix "Dune::" is
removed, this error disappears, but it finds similar errors in the files
included from other modules, for example,
"dune/geometry/quadraturerules.hh" which I have not touched.

Also, perhaps you can explain to me the namespace convention used in
Dune. For example the usual way namespaces are used is
namespace Dune{
typedef Dune::FieldVector< double, dimWorld > GlobalVector;
}
such that the prefix Dune:: is used even though the namespace is already
specified.

In the attached zip file I have included the following information that
should be able to help you
* Machine version and version of g++
* config.log of the dune-curvilinear class
* complete error message
* the file curvilineargmshreader file itself
* the test program which calls it
* The git version of dune-geometry I am using (since it was edited to
add curvilinear functionality)

Please be nice to me. I am only trying to contribute something to the
project, and have no way of learning your customs other than trial and
error. So I would greatly appreciate if some of you would stop showing
their disgust of my ignorance as it does not help our common cause...

Regards,
Aleksejs