[Dune] Gmsh reader and boundary Ids

Agnese, Marco m.agnese13 at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Apr 14 17:17:34 CEST 2015

Hello Duners,
I am reading a mesh doing

Dune::GmshReader<GridType>::read(gridFactory,fileName,boundaryPhysicalIDs,elementsPhysicalIDs);

If I want to extract the ID of an intersection I need to do

boundaryPhysicalIDs[gridFactory.insertionIndex(intersection)]

while, looking at the documentation, it seems natural to do

boundaryPhysicalIDs[intersection.boundarySegmentIndex()];

It wouldn't be better to reorder inside the gmsh reader the boundaryPhysicalIDs in order to be consistent with the boundary segment index?
I know that the reorder takes only 5 lines of code but it would be more user friendly to have it done internally.

Maybe I am missing the purpose to have a vector ordered following the insertion index.

Cheers,
Marco.