[Dune] Local node numbering in Dune

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Apr 15 12:38:03 CEST 2015

Am Wed, 15. Apr 2015, 00:19:46 +0100 schrieb Ganesh Diwan:
> Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 00:19:46 +0100
> From: Ganesh Diwan <gcdiwan83 at gmail.com>
> To: DUNE Liste <dune at dune-project.org>
> Subject: Re: [Dune] Local node numbering in Dune
>
> I should have included how the face orientation looks from the
> intersectioiterator. Sorry for being pedantic but perhaps this shows what
> exactly the confusion is.
> Given that the orientation can change depending upon the grid manager used,
> should not both the orientations be the same once the mesh is read inside
> Dune?
>

> gridleaflist face orientation
>                                                intersectioiterator
> orientation

[ I had to reconstruct your ASCII art, I hope the reconstruction is OK.
  Please do ASCII art only if your font is fixed width, and your Mail program
  does not insert arbitrary linebreaks.  See
  https://lists.dune-project.org/pipermail/dune/2015-April/013611.html for
  what I had to deal with. ]

>  +-----------+                                   +-----------+
>  |       3        |                              |       1        |
>  |                |                              |                 |
>  |  0          1  |                              | 2           0 |
>  |                |                              |                 |
>  |       2        |                              |      3         |
>  +-----------+                                   +-----------+

[...]
> >  I would expect them to be the same. Or did I miss something?

Yes, this:

> > On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Jö Fahlke <jorrit at jorrit.de> wrote:
> >> - The intersection iterator can visit the intersections in arbitrary
> >> order.

If you want the numbers corresponding to the reference elements, you should
print is->indexInInside(), not the running number of the intersection in the
element (which is what you are doing with the variable countface right now).

Similar with elements: you are using the variable count to print "a number" of
the element.  This number can deviate from both the index you get from an
index set and the number you get from a mapper.  And in many situations it
will deviate.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

Spaß mit I18N.  Hier StumpWM/clisp:
WARNUNG: DEFUN/DEFMACRO(GET-WM-CLASS): #<PACKAGE XLIB> ist abgeschlossen.
         Das Schloss umgehen und weitermachen.