[Dune] Wanted Students for ESA Summer of Code in Space

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Mon Apr 27 15:27:24 CEST 2015

Dear DUNE users,

as you might have noticed, DUNE is taking part in the "Summer of Code
in Space" (SOCIS) program of the European Space Agency (ESA) [1]. This
program gives students the chance to contribute to DUNE or other
organizations during June to July, 2015. Each student gets paid a
stipend of 4000 € in total. During their work students will be
mentored by DUNE developers on a regular basis.

We have provided a list of potential projects at [2]. There is also
the opportunity to propose your own project. Unfortunately, the
deadline is already April 30, 2015. Therefore you need to hurry up
with your application at the ESA SOCIS website [1].

For students this program is a great chance to dive into DUNE and
deepen their knowledge. It might even be a plus when you are applying
for a job later on. For DUNE it is a great chance to attract new
contributors and get new ideas. Our student during last year's project
was Marco Agnese. He wrote about his project in a blog [3] on a regular
basis. Having finished his project successfully he is still
contributing to DUNE as you can see on our developer mailing list and
our bug tracker.

We hope some of you got interested and look forward to working with
you.

We wish all of you a great Summer of Code in Space!

On behalf of the DUNE developers,

Markus Blatt

[1] http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis/
[2] http://users.dune-project.org/projects/esa-socis-2015/wiki/Project_ideas
[3] http://marcoagnese.blogspot.co.uk/
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858