[Dune] MultiTypeBlockVector and MultiTypeBlockMatrix

Oliver Sander sander at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Aug 4 20:52:44 CEST 2015

Hi all,
I have been toying around with the MultiTypeBlock{Vector|Matrix} classes from dune-istl.
In particular, I have written a version of MultiTypeBlockVector that uses std::tuple instead
of boost::fusion.  That is preferable, because officially we don't allow code that depends
on Dune.  Unfortunately, the reimplementation is an interface change.  Whereas before individual
entries were accessed using

boost::fusion::at_c<i>(vector)

it is now

std::get<i>(vector)

The dependency on boost makes the code a bit special, and I have always had the impression that
nobody actually uses the MultiType classes.  Is that true or false?  Do the same rules regarding
API stability apply for them, or are the classes fair game?

Thanks,
Oliver

PS:
Ideally I'd like to be able to write

vector[i]

and to me it seems that this is possible, using tricks from codimtable.hh from dune-geometry.
Has anybody tried that?