[Dune] Supporting both DUNE 2.4 and current master in external modules

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Dec 1 07:43:16 CET 2015

Hi Ansgar,
we try to keep DuMuX compatible with both Dune 2.4 and 3.0-git.

* We removed all uses of EntityPointer and rely on the new behavior.
* We removed support for ALUGrid prior to dune-alugrid.
* No Autotools.
* We have a macro similar to dune_add_test called dumux_add_test. This
contains a path for each version, one using add_test, the other
dune_add_test. The macro implementation is obviously not elegant, but
that's well hidden and the macro is nice to use. Maybe we drop our own
macro once we do no longer support Dune prior to 3.0.
* Overall we have less then a dozen DUNE_VERSION_NEWER, mainly because
we used isParallel. Probably even these could be reduced further.

Bye
Christoph

--
A mathematician is a scientist who can figure out anything, except
such simple things as squaring the circle and trisecting an angle.