[Dune] Question about Dune-alugrid license

Ansgar Burchardt Ansgar.Burchardt at tu-dresden.de
Tue Dec 15 12:15:56 CET 2015

On Tue, 2015-12-15 at 10:09 +0100, Christoph Grüninger wrote:
> 3) You have to be careful, when you share binaries. This includes
> selling your software in a compiled version, offering binaries for
> download or packaging RPMs / DEB packages which includes binaries.
>
> If you do not 3), you can ignore GPL/LGPL/GPL+runtime-exception
> 1/2/3/+.
>
> As a consequence of 3) Debian has no alugrid package and openSuse's
> dune-grid package does not use the alugrid package.

I think all libraries that the DUNE core modules and alugrid itself
link in Debian are compatible with the GPL.  Debian has no problem with
distributing software under GPL without runtime exceptions.

The reason Debian doesn't have alugrid packages is only that nobody
packaged it (unless I missed something).

Ansgar