[Dune] Integrating deprecation of EntityPointer

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Feb 4 17:00:26 CET 2015

Hi everybody,

I’ve started merging the branch that deprecates EntityPointer. As that branch is pretty large (and old),
I have gone ahead and merged the current state into master to avoid time-consuming re-merges. Things
should work correctly for all grids except the old ALUGrid (not ported, probably never will be) and GeometryGrid
(I’ll start working on that now).

I don’t have Alberta working here, so I don’t know whether the gridcheck passes, but I’ll work on that later.

Until I’m done, master will probably be a little unstable. I’ll let everyone know once things are back to normal.

As part of the migration, I’ll also add Howtos for users (what to do to get rid of the deprecation message) and
grid implementors (necessary steps to port your grid) to the user wiki.

Best,
Steffen