[Dune] Dune on cygwin

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Thu Feb 5 14:20:10 CET 2015

Am Thu,  5. Feb 2015, 13:02:59 +0000 schrieb Ganesh Diwan:
> Yes, the foo for Hello world program runs fine:
> $ ./foo
> Hello world!

I don't see anything in the log that explains the failure.  I'll note that
this happens immediately the first time an executable is linked, but linking a
library works fine.

Maybe this is because the build-system links in a two-stage process.  How
exactly did you compile foo.cc?  Can you try this:

  g++ -std=c++11 -g -Wall -O2 -o foo foo.cc

and this:

  g++ -std=c++11 -g -Wall -O2 -c -o foo.o foo.cc
  g++ -std=c++11 -g -Wall -O2 -o foo foo.o

and send us the log of the compilation for both?

If that does not produce any errors, we will need to try all of the options
that the build-system used in turn until we find the one that triggers the
error.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

In the beginning the Universe was created.  This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-- Douglas Adams