[Dune] Dune on cygwin

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Feb 6 18:21:20 CET 2015

Hi Ganesh,
yeah, first step of CMake: done!

Am 06.02.2015 um 17:57 schrieb Ganesh Diwan:
> --- calling make for dune-common ---
> make
> [  0%] Building CXX object
> dune/common/CMakeFiles/dunecommon.dir/debugallocator.cc.o
> /cygdrive/c/LocalApp/local/dune2.3.1/dune-common-2.3.1/dune/common/debugallocator.cc:4:20:
> fatal error:
> /cygdrive/c/LocalApp/local/dune2.3.1/dune-common-2.3.1/build-cmake/config.h:
> Permission denied
>  #include "config.h"
>                     ^
> compilation terminated.

Some internet searching revealed that you are not the first one to have
this problem. But I was not able to quickly find a general solution.
There was not even a obviously related bug in CMake's bug tracker.
I'd suggest to set the permission by yourself.
1. Rund dunecontrol and add --only=dune-common and use "configure"
instead of "all"
2. Set the permission for dune-common/build-cmake that you are allowed
to read and write inside the folder and all subfolders
3. Re-run dunecontrol, again with --only=dune-common and use "make"
instead of "all"
4. If that works for dune-common, you can proceed with dune-geometry,
dune-grid and so on.

I know, this is sub-optimal, but to get it running, it could be enough.

It is related to Cygwin, as I never had file permission issues with
Visual C++ and CMake. I only had compiler issues...

Bye
Christoph

--
GDB does hate your application, expresses its contempt through the
design of its command-line interface.   -- Tom Tromey, FOSDEM 2014