[Dune] [GSoC20015] Not enough projects and mentors

christi at dune-project.org christi at dune-project.org
Mon Feb 16 14:40:46 CET 2015

What would be helpful...

currently we lack the possibility to create solvers and
preconditioners in a general fashion. We are moving towards a state
where many components can be configured using the parametertree. I
consider a parametertree based factory for ISTL an important step
towards a usable solver component.

The following steps are

...necessary:
- cleanup the solvers/preconditioners to fully use abstract interfaces
- update solvers/preconditioners to use parametertrees for the
  configuration
- introduce a factory class. I have a ParameterizedObjectFactory lying
  around, which can instantiate previously registered classes.
- add an ISTL library which provides precompiled
  solvers/preconditioners for the most common data types.

...optional:
- write a suitable solver backend for PDELab which allows to create
  solvers dynamically
- add infrastructure to combine 3rd party components for the parallel
  commmunication with dynamic object creation.

Ciao
Christian