[Dune] build dune-grid 2.3.0

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at optimad.it
Wed Feb 18 11:09:13 CET 2015

Good morning,
I have a small question about library link path in libtool building libalu.la
I use a user version of openmpi(${HOME}/lib/openmpi) and I specify in my environmental variable (LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LIBRARY_PATH, PATH,CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH) the path to this openmpi version.
I specify in the file I pass with --opts flag that CXX=mpiCC and mpiCC is in the user openmpi location
I have also tried to pass LDFLAGS explicitly into this file.
No matter what, the make building enters dune/grid/alugrid and libtool tries to link the static libraries needed to libalu searching mpi libraries in /usr/lib!!!! Why?
Could anyone explain me how to force libtool to search in a specific path efficiently, please?
I know the ALUGrid became a dune module but I can't do the update at the moment.

The need to use a user version of openmpi comes from the fact that ubuntu's openmpi comes without static libraries.
In order to overcome this problem I made a symbolic link in /usr/lib/openmpi/lib to the static mpi libraries in my home
The weird thing is that looking in libalu.la, dependency_libs contains both /usr/lib/openmpi/lib links and openmpi in my home!

Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks,

Marco