[Dune] parametrized AMR and cell divergence

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at optimad.it
Tue Feb 24 12:00:19 CET 2015

Good morning,
I would like to ask duners about deformed AMR.
I'm working with body fitted mesh and ALUGrid.
In order to refine my mesh I compute a local parametrization for every coarse element, then I refine the mesh moving new nodes using my parametrization.
Therefore I compute the cell divergence summing over the cell intersection
normal . flux * area
where intersection normals and areas are computed by Dune methods centerUnitNormal and volume(this for a face), while flux is (1,1,1) everywhere.
I expect 0 over the entire mesh and this is true on the coarse grid, but for a refined grid this is not true for coarse cells sharing intersections with finer cells.
Does anyone see something like this? And is there a cure? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any hint.
Bests,

Marco