[Dune] Gridcheck asks for geometry.local() outside the element?

Aleksejs Fomins aleksejs.fomins at lspr.ch
Thu Feb 26 17:34:20 CET 2015

Dear Jö,

For curvilinear geometries global->local mapping is not defined outside the element.

If I understand correctly, if someone asks me for a global coordinate strongly outside the element, then I could return a whatever local coordinate that is strongly outside the element, eg (-100, 0, 0). I hope that people only care if the coordinate is inside or outside the element and do not care of the actual local coordinate if they know it is outside.

Because if this is not the case, we have a serious design problem.

Thanks for your reply
Aleksejs