[Dune] (no subject)

Arya Fallahi arya.fallahi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 16:59:54 CEST 2015

Dear Dune,

Sometime ago I upgraded my alugrid and started using the one integrated
into dune library, namely dune-alugrid. I was always suffering from slow
computation time that I suddenly realized today that something is going
wrong with my load balancing. In the following, I am sending you an example
of what I do in my code:

typedef GridSelector::GridType Grid;

MPI_Init(&argc,&argv);
MPI_Comm_rank(MPI_COMM_WORLD,&rank);
MPI_Comm_size(MPI_COMM_WORLD,&size);

GridPtr<Grid> ag ( "./grid1.dgf" , MPI_COMM_WORLD );
Grid& g = *ag;
g.loadBalance();
typedef LeafMultipleCodimMultipleGeomTypeMapper<Grid,P0Layout> emap;
emap em(g);
std::cout << em.size() << std::endl;

Without load balancing I get the following output on 4 processors:

0
0
0
15468

meaning that the grid has 15648 elements. However, with load balancing I
get the following output:

11235
11869
12906
11244

It seems that the total number of elements are getting considerably higher.
Do you have any guess what I am doing wrong?

Thank you very much for your help,
Arya