[Dune] ALUGrid loadbalance

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Thu Jul 2 17:19:59 CEST 2015

Am Thu,  2. Jul 2015, 16:04:01 +0100 schrieb Andreas Dedner:
> Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 16:04:01 +0100
> From: Andreas Dedner <a.s.dedner at warwick.ac.uk>
> To: dune at dune-project.org
> Subject: Re: [Dune] ALUGrid loadbalance
>
> Hi.
> Looks weird - a bit of increase is expected due to the ghost elements but
> not to that extend.
> Have you simply taken a look at the resulting partitioned grid in paraview?
> Andreas

If you do, note that the VTKWriter usually only outputs interior elements in
each rank.  You can probably get it to output ghosts as well if you
temporarily change VTK_Partition to All_Partition, see
https://cgit.dune-project.org/repositories/dune-grid/tree/dune/grid/io/file/vtk/vtkwriter.hh#n81

Regards,
Jö.